Tips to help you take those wonderful Christmas pictures
Photographs are one of the few memories that never fade. Whether you are looking back on fond memories or trying to capture current ones, there is nothing like looking at photographs to conjure up feelings of nostalgia, excitement, love, and every other emotion you can imagine. With the influx of couples getting engaged and taking the next step in their relationship, it is not uncommon for them to start looking into photographer services to capture their big moment. However, with all the holidays coming up, it can be challenging to find the time to schedule a time for your engagement photos. Don't worry! These great tips will help you look fabulous for your Christmas pictures.
Get in Shape
This year as you're looking for the perfect Christmas gift, consider giving the gift of health! Getting in shape is a gift that keeps on giving. It allows you to be more confident and take on life's challenges with a more assertive attitude.
So whether it's a seasonal gift or a gift to your firstborn, a spouse, or a good friend, consider going with the gift of health.
You DON'T have to spend a lot of money to get in shape. You can spend as little as 15 minutes a day and feel confident about yourself. Get the gift of fitness today by making your New Year's Resolution to be healthier.
I'm sure this time of year, right before Christmas, everyone is scrambling to get their holiday pictures taken. The photos are often taken in the morning, with the best lighting, and recreating Christmas morning for the children.
The first thing you need to do is moisturize your skin to keep it from looking dry and cracked. Using a foundation primer will keep the makeup from fading throughout the day and prevent your foundation from caking or drying out your skin.
Next, apply a foundation that matches your skin tone. A foundation with a yellow base, for example, will work well for lighter skin tones with a yellow undertone. A foundation with a pink base, on the other hand, will work well for darker skin tones with a pink undertone. When you're finding a good foundation for your skin, you should always use a sponge or a brush. You want to blend the makeup into your skin with either a downward or an upward motion.
Here are some additional tips to help you look fabulous in your Christmas pictures:
- Remove all eye makeup before you apply a base.
- Use a cream blush instead of a powder one, so it doesn't look too dried out.
- Add a lip pencil to emphasize the shape of your lips.
- Apply a small amount of shadow on your eyelid for definition
- Use a bronzer to give your skin a more contoured appearance.
- For those who have curly hair, curl it as opposed to blow-drying it as straight as possible, as that will help it stay curled for a more extended time.
- Finally, curl your eyelashes to make them look fuller and more voluminous.
For those looking to spice up their holiday pictures, accessories can be a great way to add a festive touch to your wardrobe. Here's a list of some of my favorite accessories for holiday pictures:
The Santa Hat: A Santa hat is the most typical accessory to wear during the holidays and adds a festive touch to any outfit.
Statement Necklace: A statement necklace adds a little bling and one of the following prints: "Merry and Bright" and "Happy Holidays."
Statement Earrings: With this accessory, you can't go wrong with some dangle earrings in either gold or silver.
Statement Ring: A statement ring is perfect for showing off your individuality.
Choose your Clothes Wisely
Since not everyone can shed their clothes to take holiday pictures in the colder climate, be sure to pick stylish but warmer clothes. Even when it's just my family, I always dress for success for outdoor family photos. Pick fun prints, faux fur or leather jackets, or even hats or cowls to keep you warm outdoors. A great tip is to slip on some cozy socks, too, to keep your feet toasty.
If you want to be sexier, an elegant dress is all you need. Or do something different and go with a sexy Santa look. You still have time before Christmas, so you can also go shopping around and find the perfect outfit. Here are some great tips to help you look fabulous when you're taking all those Christmas pictures.
Be a Positive Person
Christmas is all about love and joy, so remaining positive is vital:
- Get outside and be around nature. This helps us to stay focused on what is essential this season.
- Think about the things you're grateful for this Christmas.
- Put a smile on your face and a little spunk in your step.
- Wear a smile that speaks volumes. Nothing says Christmas cheer like a smile on your face.
- Put some holiday music on. It's an excellent way to get some good Christmas vibes going.
- Enjoy your time with those who make you feel loved.
Now you look great!
In the spirit of the season, there are a few pointers to help you reflect on that:
- Clean your house! You don't want to be that person who has to roll up the carpets because your house is filled with presents and garbage.
- Limit the number of presents. It's much chicer to have a small pile of gifts under your tree.
- Let the decorations speak for themselves. Candles are a great alternative to traditional Christmas lights and can easily be part of any holiday backdrop.
- Turn off the TV! You don't put CNN on Christmas Eve while you're waiting for your family to come over. You don't want to scare your family off or, worse yet, miss the beginning of some great Christmas activities.
- Make sure you have a good camera. Create a memory that will last a lifetime. Find a good photo spot. A mom's eye usually sees things most people don't notice. Get outside with the kids in direct sunlight.
- Find out what Mom wants for Christmas. If it's another sweater, let her have her wish come true. This Christmas might be your last with her.
- Always end on a high note. Let the kids unwrap the last present when the camera is rolling. It will be a great way to end the day!
- Lastly, don't forget about the food. Santa has the responsibility of sneaking the cookies in his sack.
Christmas is the time to enjoy being with your family and friends, having fun, and enjoying the festivities. You'll get lots of pictures taken of you, so make the most of preparing in advance for those moments when you want to look beautiful but feel good and relaxed – when your hair is soft and shiny, your nails are smooth, and instead of fake tan on a pale face, you have a subtle healthy glow. My Christmas beauty tips for this season are really about taking care of your skin and caring for yourself – keeping physically and spiritually strong as well as healthy.
What is retro fashion and how do I get involved?
Retro fashion is about paying homage to the past. It's about recapturing the styles and trends of the past, with a bit of modern flair. Retro fashion can be about reviving an old trend or simply r...Read more
The Dos and Don'ts of Accessorizing Your Outfit with Jewelry
Jewelry is the perfect way to accessorize an outfit and add a touch of personality. However, not all jewelry looks good with every outfit. There are a few simple do's and don'ts of jewelry that wil...Read more
Leave a comment